If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and ask.

Alberta Health Care:

At present, the following are covered by Alberta Health Care:

Extra Medical Insurance: 

Some extended health benefit plans cover physiotherapy. Although you do not need a doctor's referral to receive physiotherapy, some insurance plans require that you submit a referral in order to receive coverage. You may want to check your extended health company to see what is required prior to initiating physiotherapy. 

The clinic provides direct billing to Great West Life, Green Shield, Sun Life, Standard Life, Desjardins Financial Security, and Blue Cross. With all other extended health companies you will be required to pay up front and submit receipts to them directly for reimbursement. 

Worker's Compensation Board (WCB):

If you have been injured at work it is probable that you will be covered by WCB for physiotherapy. You will need to complete a worker's report from you employer and send it to WCB. Your assessment and initial treatment will be covered by WCB; however, further treatments must be approved by WCB. If approved, the cost of your treatment will be billed directly to WCB.

Motor Vehicle Accidents:

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident it is probable that you will have coverage for physiotherapy. Insurance companies will often authorize direct billing. In some instances your Insurers may require you to pay and submit your receipts for reimbursement. Within ten days of the collision, you must seek assessment and treatment from a medical professional such as a Physical Therapist or Physician. You are responsible for filling out an AB-1 form (Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim). Your insurance company will provide this to you. Following the assessment, the physiotherapist will fill out your AB-2 form (Treatment Plan). On your first visit please bring any information you have received including policy number, claim number, adjusters name and number.